The FAMIA designation is designed to recognize AMIA members who:
- Apply informatics skills and knowledge within their professional setting
- Demonstrate professional achievement and leadership through the practice of informatics in their professional setting
- Provide sustained commitment to the betterment of AMIA through engagement in various AMIA activities
The applicant’s FAMIA application travels through three stages. First, the applicant completes the application inside the application software. Upon completion, a link is automatically sent to the applicant’s chosen recommender that gives them access to the applicant’s completed application. Within the application software, the recommender is presented with 5 yes or no questions and asked to write a paragraph (maximum 500 words) stating why they believe the applicant is qualified for FAMIA. The second stage is completed when the application is submitted by the recommender. For the final stage, applications enter the reviewing process where selected FAMIA members validate the provided information against the eligibility criteria. FAMIA applicants will be notified of the results by September 30, 2021.
Application deadline: July 20, 2020
Recommender deadline: August 3, 2020
Step 1: Review the FAMIA Eligibility Criteria and FAMIA FAQ page
Step 2: Determine your Eligibility Pathway that aligns with your education and/or certification
Step 3: Purchase the $200 non-refundable application fee in the AMIA Online Store. Keep the email receipt, it contains the invoice # that you will asked to enter in the application.
Step 4: Prepare and assemble documents for your pathway
List of documents (Accepted file types: pdf, jpg, gif, tiff, bmp, jpeg)
- Invoice number from purchase of FAMIA Application through AMIA’s Online Store
- Copy of diploma(s)
- Copy of certificate(s) as applicable
- Copy of CV or resume
- Long-Term Experience Pathway applicants only; completed ICQ Form
- Contact information for AMIA Peer Recommender
Step 5: Accessing the application
Accessing or creating your account in the application software
- FAMIA applications are housed in © SmarterSelect application software. If you have created a previous account for past AMIA applications, participated as an evaluator or reviewer use the same email to retrieve your login credentials. If you do not have a © SmarterSelect account with AMIA, create a new account in © SmarterSelect . Your AMIA Member login credentials will not work.
- Always save if you need to leave the application and return; and submit when you have completed the application.
- Begin by choosing your pathway application link to log in or create an account in the application software.
- Certification Pathway Application
- Long-Term Experience Pathway Application
Questions? Please review the FAMIA FAQ page or contact Michelle Martin, Membership Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.