The FAMIA designation is designed to recognize AMIA members who:
- apply informatics skills and knowledge within their professional setting
- demonstrate professional achievement and leadership
- provide sustained commitment to the betterment of AMIA
The application period provides ample time for you to gather required documentation, and for AMIA to receive your Peer Recommendation/Letter of Recommendation.
The application period is closed. Notifications will be sent in October 2018.
Step 1: Application Fee
Purchase the $200 FAMIA Application through AMIA’s Online Store. Retain your invoice number for later use. Your invoice number will be sent to the email address we have on file. The application fee is nonrefundable.
Step 2: Assemble Documents
To successfully submit your application, you will need:
- Invoice number from purchase of FAMIA Application through AMIA’s Online Store
- Copy of diploma(s)
- Copy of Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of CV / Resume
- Completed Long-Term Experience Pathway ICQ Form (if applicable)
- AMIA member contact information for Peer Recommendation / Letter of Recommendation
Note: You will be able to open an account, start the process and return to your application form, but we recommend assembling completed documents before beginning.
Step 3: Open New Application
Create a NEW account login and password. Begin the process by clicking the appropriate link below. Unsure of which pathway to use? Check the Eligibility Criteria page.
Step 4 (if necessary): Revisit Your Application to Finish
If you have started your application, but cannot determine how to finish, please choose which type of application you began, and choose “log-in” in the upper right-hand corner and choose “existing user.”