The Academic Forum is a membership unit within AMIA dedicated to serving the needs of biomedical and health informatics training programs. The Academic Forum comprises informatics professionals responsible for the leadership and excellence of informatics training programs. Members of the Academic Forum are engaged in issues relating to the organization and management of educational and research programs in universities and colleges.
Participants focus on a range of issues important to faculty such as management, promotion criteria, recruitment, models of success in building informatics programs, salary scales, advocacy within academic environments, and other topics. A current AMIA membership is required for participation in the Academic Forum.
Benefits of Academic Forum Membership
- The Academic Forum provides a professional home and convening community for academic leaders within AMIA, the national organization for biomedical and health informatics training programs
- Institutions may appoint up to four representatives to the Academic Forum *
- Representatives receive exclusive access to their role-based specialized online community
- CI Program Directors have free access to the CIF Match process
- Each representative receives a 20% meeting discount off an AMIA Meeting
- Registration for the Academic Forum Retreat is free for Academic Forum Representatives
- Exclusive discounts of 50% off regular exhibitor rates for the AMIA Annual Symposium
- Learning Showcase opportunities at the AMIA Annual Symposium for your targeted audience
- Participate in strategy planning in the Academic Forum Business meeting at the AMIA Annual Symposium
- Promote multiple programs in the Informatics Academic & Training Programs Directory on the AMIA website
- List your ACGME program in the Clinical Informatics Fellowship Program Directory
- Leadership opportunities within the Academic Forum Executive Committee, connect communities, task forces, and other ad hoc committees
- Academic Forum members’ students receive free access to JAMIA Journal Club Webinars
* AF representatives must be AMIA members. Full Members may appoint four representatives and Single Members may appoint one representative.
Academic Forum members can find solutions and exchange ideas for best practices in one of the following Academic Forum Communities
- Baccalaureate Health Informatics Educators (BEC)
- Biomedical and Health Informatics Academic Leaders (BMHI-ALC)
- Clinical Informatics Program Directors (CIPD)
- Nursing Informatics Program Directors (NIPD)
- Professional Master’s Educators (PMEC)