The Academic Forum is a membership unit within AMIA dedicated to serving the needs of biomedical and health informatics training programs. The Academic Forum comprises informatics professionals responsible for the leadership and excellence of informatics training programs. Members of the Academic Forum are engaged in issues relating to the organization and management of educational and research programs in universities and colleges.
Participants focus on a range of issues important to faculty such as management, promotion criteria, recruitment, models of success in building informatics programs, salary scales, advocacy within academic environments, and other topics. A current AMIA membership is required for participation in the Academic Forum.
Benefits of Academic Forum Membership
- A professional home for academic leaders within AMIA, the national organization for biomedical and health informatics training programs
- Take advantage of discounted exhibition rates and Learning Showcase opportunities at the AMIA Annual Symposium*
- Share and participate in the strategy meeting at the AMIA Annual Symposium
- Promote your program in the Informatics Academic & Training Programs Directory on the AMIA website
- Include your ACGME program in the Clinical Informatics Fellowship Program Directory
- Free access to JAMIA Journal Club Webinars for your students
Membership in the Academic Forum offers opportunity to join Communities serving
Community of Baccalaureate Health Informatics Educators (BEC)
Community of Biomedical and Health Informatics Academic Leaders (BMHI-ALC)
Community of Clinical Informatics Program Directors (CIPD)
Community of Nursing Informatics Program Directors (NIPD)
Community of Professional Master’s Educators (PMEC)