Education Program Manager
The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking an Education Program Manager who will be responsible for the management of existing and development of new e-learning activities for AMIA. The Manager will build and grow AMIA’s e-learning reputation in health informatics by establishing professional, relevant and accessible products and services using AMIA’s Learning Management System (LMS).
A core responsibility will be ensuring accurate record maintenance within the LMS for all forms of certified education and regularly producing reports from the LMS including analyzing trend data and presenting that information to AMIA staff. The Manager will effectively and professionally collaborate with stakeholders during course creation, implementation, and duration, to ensure that AMIA’s online resources are successful and meeting the needs of members and other learners in the health informatics universe. S/he will train other AMIA staff about basic use of the LMS for individual activity creation and LMS management.
This position will report to the Director of Education primarily for certified educational activities and to the Vice President of Education and Academic Affairs for other programs. Travel to AMIA's annual symposium in November and availability for possible occasional weekend and/or extended hours, particularly during “Go Live” activities are mandatory.
Required Professional Skills:
- Four-year college degree
- Five or more years using an LMS or other online educational content platform to manage educational programming and e-learning courses that administer and evaluate continuing education activities
- Project management experience including the creation and use of checklists and timelines
- Experience pricing educational offerings across activities of varying duration and for various target audiences
- Familiarity with healthcare associations or organizations that offer CE/CME credit is preferred
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
AMIA is a 2016 When Work Works Award Winner and was recognized as a Top Employer of Choice for an Effective and Flexible Workplace. Employee benefits offered include fully paid medical, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave plan. Qualified candidates should send a resume and a letter that outlines relevant experience and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at email@example.com. Please insert the job title in the subject line. Qualified candidates who are local to the DC metro area will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.