Education Program Manager
The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking an Education Program Manager who will be responsible for the management of existing and development of new e-learning activities for AMIA. The Manager will build and grow AMIA’s e-learning reputation in health informatics by establishing professional, relevant and accessible products and services using AMIA’s Learning Management System (LMS).
A core responsibility will be ensuring accurate record maintenance within the LMS for all forms of certified education and regularly producing reports from the LMS including analyzing trend data and presenting that information to AMIA staff. The Manager will effectively and professionally collaborate with stakeholders during course creation, implementation, and duration, to ensure that AMIA’s online resources are successful and meeting the needs of members and other learners in the health informatics universe. S/he will train other AMIA staff about basic use of the LMS for individual activity creation and LMS management.
This position will report to the Director of Education primarily for certified educational activities and to the Vice President of Education and Academic Affairs for other programs. Travel to AMIA's annual symposium in November and availability for possible occasional weekend and/or extended hours, particularly during “Go Live” activities are mandatory.
Required Professional Skills:
- Four-year college degree
- Five or more years using an LMS or other online educational content platform to manage educational programming and e-learning courses that administer and evaluate continuing education activities
- Project management experience including the creation and use of checklists and timelines
- Experience pricing educational offerings across activities of varying duration and for various target audiences
- Familiarity with healthcare associations or organizations that offer CE/CME credit is preferred
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
AMIA is 2017 When Work Works Award Winner and was recognized as a Top Employer of Choice for an Effective and Flexible Workplace. Employee benefits offered include fully paid medical, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave plan. Qualified candidates should send a resume and a letter that outlines relevant experience and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at email@example.com. Please insert the job title in the subject line. Qualified candidates who are local to the DC metro area will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.
The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to provide the first point of contact for members, staff, and others who interact with AMIA’s President and Chief Executive Officer. The executive assistant also manages and coordinates the activities the President and CEO in accordance with budgets, policies, and goals of AMIA. Responsibilities include coordinating the President and CEO’s calendar, travel expenses, correspondence with AMIA leaders and partners, managing meeting agendas and details, day-to-day activities, and key initiatives and projects for the President and CEO. The executive assistant also provides support to AMIA’s board of directors which includes developing agendas, meeting minutes and scheduling. Demonstrated proficiency in supporting a busy executive and volunteer leaders is essential.
- Provide support to AMIA’s board of directors in developing agendas, meeting minutes and scheduling
- Provide administrative support to AMIA’s President and CEO (monitor correspondence, greet visitors, prepare reports, create, maintain and improve functionality of systems to ensure an organized administrative environment, and proactively support improvements for management efficiencies)
- Support AMIA staff related to their need for interaction and consultation with the President and CEO
- Provide a positive experience when interacting with members and others; connect constituencies as reasonable
- Be knowledgeable about AMIA policies and procedures that support the President and CEO’s functions including AMIA’s travel and budget policies, conflict of interest and code of conduct
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, expenses, and accurate documentation
- Develop meeting agendas, prepare minutes as assigned and follow-up on task lists for the President and CEO
- Maintain all of the requisite detail related to the President and CEO’s calendar, make complex travel arrangements, prepare itineraries and triage meeting requests
- Prepare general correspondence and maintain files; read and edit appropriate material as directed
- Serve and communicate as AMIA’s inter-organizational liaison for specific strategic groups
- Participate in the development of the annual budget for the President and CEO’s travel and maintain yearly travel schedule
- Produce a schedule of onsite events for the President and CEO at AMIA meetings and conferences and manage competing priorities
- Assist the President and CEO in managing projects and initiatives as requested
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- An understanding of non-profit member focused organizations and a high degree of awareness of the value, purpose, culture and mission of not-for-profit organizations
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
- 5+ years solid experience supporting a busy executive preferably in a service-driven membership organization
- Project coordination experience
- Maturity and confidence to interact with AMIA’s most senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a customer focused, team-oriented environment
- Creative and strategic thinker with a strong intellect and proactive style; ability to exhibit diplomacy, tact and remain calm while still advancing tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Education – College degree required
- Technical Skills –Exceptional MS office skills including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and the use of other technologies for managing schedules (e.g. Doodle, mobile devices)
AMIA is 2017 When Work Works Award Winner and was recognized as a Top Employer of Choice for an Effective and Flexible Workplace. AMIA is pleased to offer benefits that include fully paid medical, dental, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave plan. To be considered, candidates should respond with a resume and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert the job title in the subject line. Qualified local candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.
Marketing and Communications Manager
The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager. The Manager has primary responsibility for writing and editing e-mail marketing, social media content, web, and select event and programmatic communications. A generalist with a wide-range of proven communication abilities will find variety and opportunity in this position, particularly, expanding AMIA’s social media presence, coordinating activities related to AMIA’s multi-year Why Informatics? brand campaign, online learning marketing, and a future (team) redesign of the AMIA.org website.
The position is responsible for coordinating with staff to ensure that e-communications, social media and web content is relevant and timely, as well as evaluation of user data, analytics and reporting necessary to improve communication efforts and member engagement. Department includes two additional staff responsible for marcom. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Manage e-mail marketing efforts supporting a variety of programs and services including writing, editing, and electronic distribution (e.g. iHealth and InSpire conferences, educational programs, events, membership initiatives)
- Manage (support, maintain and increase) AMIA’s social media calendar content, analytics, promoted content, and online advertising (Google adwords)
- Manage JAMIA journal related marketing, PR, social media in conjunction with efforts by Oxford University Press
- Manage production of AMIA print and digital house ads promoting programs, services and member benefits
- Manage writing, design and production of collateral materials (flyers, brochures, promotional items) for assigned projects serving meetings, exhibits, and events
- Manage member news content section for bi-weekly AMIA e-newsletter
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills, AP Style proficiency
- Creative self-starter with the ability to manage and oversee multiple projects and work collaboratively with other staff and departments
- Strong MS office skills; InDesign/Photoshop skills helpful
- Social media marketing campaign management experience and knowledge of social media platforms: Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.; campaign and content development tools
- Able to travel occasionally including to AMIA’s annual symposium in November
- Education – College degree required; Journalism/Communication/English degrees preferred
- Knowledge – Understanding of association marketing and communication functions
- Work Experience – 5-7 years relevant experience; writing, e-messaging and social media experience required
- Technical Skills –Required experience: EMS High Road Solutions/Blue Hornet or other EMS (MailChimp, Informz) and Microsoft Office. Experience using InDesign/Photoshop and experience with Netforum/Abila, IMIS or other association databases, and online social communities including Higher Logic, helpful
AMIA is a 2017 When Work Works Award Winner and was recognized as a Top Employer of Choice for an Effective and Flexible Workplace. AMIA is pleased to offer benefits that include fully paid medical, dental, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave plan. To be considered, candidates should respond with a resume and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at email@example.com. Please insert the job title in the subject line. Qualified local candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.