Membership Marketing/Community Engagement Specialist
The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking a Membership Marketing/Community Engagement Specialist to support member engagement activities, develop marketing messages, respond to member inquiries and manage multiple projects at once. The Specialist is responsible for administering several key membership processes impacting membership retention and to provide high-quality customer service to all members and potential members of AMIA. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications and serves as a primary contact for the Association’s member communities, executes member marketing campaigns designed to improve member retention and engagement, and helps maintain the database. Other administrative, communications, and annual meeting related projects as assigned.
- Help develop and implement a community engagement plan; serve as online community oversight/community moderator
- Manage Working Group/Communities/Sections volunteer leader relationships, conference calls, monitor Working Group activity, address member inquiries and concerns
- Network with members and identify champions for programmatic engagement
- Contribute member focused items to AMIA’s weekly newsletter, AMIA Insider and social media
- Liaison to Education department staff to fully understand member benefits available through education and ensure effective member communication regarding benefits
- Liaison to the Education department staff to source content and speakers for the regular development, promotion and presentation of Working Group generated webinars.
- Manage and execute Navigate AMIA marketing campaigns designed to improve member retention and engagement
- Manage “new member on-boarding” efforts in the first year lifecycle, through renewal
- Manage and execute Friends of AMIA marketing campaigns targeted at lapsed members, non-member meeting attendees and other prospective member lists.
- Identify, analyze and report on metrics to monitor membership growth, trends and financial results to support decision-making and strategic planning.
- Work with Member Services and Marketing Directors on membership reports and creating queries for segmented email marketing
- Manage data integrity efforts, working collaboratively with team members to identify membership trends
- Process membership when Member Services Representative is unavailable (Cross trained)
- Research member inquiries related to membership processing
- Four year college degree preferred or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of membership marketing for an individual membership organization
- Strong organizational, administrative, project management skills
- Understanding of association member services functions
- Competency with social media and e-communication tools and strong MS office skills
- Exhibits enthusiasm and passion for member engagement and building personal member relationships
- Friendly, personable and efficient customer service skills
- Ability to manage numerous projects at once and use critical thinking to respond to member inquiries efficiently and in a timely manner
- Mandatory travel to annual symposium in November
- Familiarity with association management database software preferred (Avectra, NetForum, or IMIS)
- Competencies in popular social networks for business purposes
AMIA is pleased to offer benefits that include fully paid medical, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave plan. Qualified candidates should respond with a resume, a letter outlining your experience working in a similar position and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at email@example.com. Please insert the job title in the subject line. Qualified candidates who are local to the DC metro area will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.
Member Service Representative
The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking an experienced Member Service Representative to join our team. The Member Service Representative supports all of the day-to-day activities of the member services department and is often the first person a member or customer engages with at the association. Attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with a small team are essential. The ideal candidate is high energy, professional, articulate, positive, responsible, dependable and self-motivated. The position reports to the Director of Member Services.
- Respond to member phone, email, fax, and mail inquiries regarding association programs, products, and services
- Process sales transactions, that include but are not limited to membership applications, conference registrations and other product orders
- Proactive outreach to members (expired memberships, upcoming events, updates to contact information, etc.)
- Administer membership from invoicing, to processing of payments, to database entry
- Administer database per established data standards including data integrity
- Generate monthly reports on membership activity
- Interact with employees, departments and customers
- Serve as a key resource to our members/customers on AMIA’s products and services
- Maintain and create AMIA membership department’s standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Perform administrative tasks including processing inbound/outbound mail, ordering supplies and maintaining AMIA’s phone system
- Thorough understanding of customer service; association member service experience is required
- Relational database experience including but not limited to invoicing, data, query and report management
- Technical understanding of the interaction of AMIA’s AMS, single sign-on and related third-party software add-ons
- An unparalleled commitment to member service
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to travel occasionally including to the annual symposium
AMIA is pleased to offer benefits that include fully paid medical, dental, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave plan. To be considered, candidates should respond with a resume and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert the job title in the subject line. Qualified candidates who are local to the Washington DC metro area will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.
- Education – College degree preferred
- Knowledge – Thorough understanding of association member services and development functions
- Work Experience – 1-3 years supporting day-to-day activities of the member services department for a service-driven membership organization
- Technical Skills –Competency with database software (NetForum, Socious), social media and e-communication tools and strong MS office skills
- Conditions – Must be able to travel to annual symposium; possible other occasional travel