Marketing and Communications Manager
The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team. The Manager has primary responsibility for writing and editing e-communications and select programmatic communications, and for coordinating with staff to ensure that e-communications, social media and web content is relevant, critical and timely. The Manager is responsible for producing and trafficking print projects through the production process and setting reasonable deadlines to ensure on-time delivery as well as coordinating project management activities in support of AMIA’s marketing and communications plan. The Manager will work with members, prospective members, the media and relevant organizations to reinforce AMIA’s messages consistently and to continue to build brand identity for the organization and its programs. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Serve as editor for AMIA e-News, e-News Buzz and meeting-specific periodic mini-newsletters (for Symposium, Joint Summits and iHealth) including managing editorial calendar, news sources, writing, editing and electronic distribution
- Manage print, online and e-news advertising; including solicitation, traffic, placement and invoicing
- Manage production of AMIA print and digital house ads promoting programs, services and member benefits
- Manage production of collateral materials (flyers, brochures, promotional items) for member services, exhibits, and events
- Coordinate with staff to support, maintain and increase AMIA’s social media content
- Manage press inquiries, write press releases and support PR distribution efforts through use of online tools (Vocus/PRWeb)
- Manage monthly online member profile articles for the website and e-news
- Seek out and implement marketing and communications best practices
- Actively learn and master skills necessary for use of email marketing system, association database and social communities technologies
- Manage master messaging calendar representing communications, PR, programs, services and membership solicitation and onboarding messaging in conjunction with Membership Marketing Specialist or other staff
- Liaise with the membership and education/meeting departments to be aware of annual deadlines and communications needs
- Develop the highest member service standards possible in using tools and strategies to respond to inquiries, requests
- Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills, AP Style proficiency
- Creative self-starter with the ability to manage and oversee multiple projects and work collaboratively with other staff and departments
- Strong MS office skills; InDesign/Photoshop skills preferred
- Strong knowledge of social media marketing platforms
- Able to travel occasionally
AMIA is pleased to offer benefits that include fully paid medical, dental, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave plan. To be considered, candidates should respond with a resume and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at email@example.com. Please insert the job title in the subject line. Qualified candidates who are local to the Washington DC metro area will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.
- Education – College degree required; Journalism/Communication/English degrees preferred
- Knowledge – Understanding of association marketing and communication functions
- Work Experience – 5-7 years experience; writing, e-messaging and newsletter experience required
- Technical Skills – Experience using InDesign/Photoshop; Understanding of the use of websites for professional development, the building of online communities, personalization and e-publishing within associations
- Familiarity with EMS High Road Solutions/Blue Hornet or other EMS (MailChimp, Informz) a strong plus. Experience with Netforum/Abila, IMIS or other association databases, and social communities helpful
Membership Marketing/Community Engagement Specialist
The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking a Membership Marketing/Community Engagement Specialist to support member engagement activities, develop marketing messages, respond to member inquiries and manage multiple projects at once. The Specialist is responsible for administering several key membership processes impacting membership retention and to provide high-quality customer service to all members and potential members of AMIA. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications and serves as a primary contact for the Association’s member communities, executes member marketing campaigns designed to improve member retention and engagement, and helps maintain the database. Additional duties will include database management and data integrity efforts. Other administrative, communications, and annual meeting related projects as assigned.
- Help develop and implement a community engagement plan; serve as online community oversight/community moderator
- Manage Working Group/Communities/Sections volunteer leader relationships, conference calls, monitor Working Group activity, address member inquiries and concerns
- Network with members and identify champions for programmatic engagement
- Contribute member focused items to AMIA’s weekly newsletter, AMIA Insider and social media
- Liaison to Education department staff to fully understand member benefits available through education and ensure effective member communication regarding benefits
- Liaison to the Education department staff to source content and speakers for the regular development, promotion and presentation of Working Group generated webinars.
- Manage and execute MemberConnect marketing campaigns designed to improve member retention and engagement
- Manage “new member on-boarding” efforts in the first year lifecycle, through renewal
- Manage and execute Friends of AMIA marketing campaigns targeted at lapsed members, non-member meeting attendees and other prospective member lists.
- Identify, analyze and report on metrics to monitor membership growth, trends and financial results to support decision-making and strategic planning.
- Work with Member Services and Marketing Directors on membership reports and creating queries for segmented email marketing
- Manage data integrity efforts and assist with data analysis working collaboratively with team members to identify membership trends.
- Process membership when Member Services Representative is unavailable (Cross trained)
- Research of member and chapter inquiries related to membership processing
- Four year college degree preferred or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of membership marketing for an individual membership organization
- Strong organizational, administrative, project management skills
- Understanding of association member services functions
- Competency with association management database software (Avectra, NetForum, or IMIS; Netforum preferred), social media and e-communication tools and strong MS office skills
- Exhibits enthusiasm and passion for member engagement and building personal member relationships
- Friendly, personable and efficient customer service skills
- Ability to manage numerous projects at once and use critical thinking to respond to member and chapter inquiries efficiently and in a timely manner
- Able to travel occasionally
- Competencies in popular social networks for business purposes
AMIA is pleased to offer benefits that include fully paid medical, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave plan. Qualified candidates should respond with a resume, a letter outlining your experience working in a similar position and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert the job title in the subject line. Qualified candidates who are local to the DC metro area will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.