AMIA Working Groups serve as networks in which current members can exchange information on a particular area of special interest in biomedical and health informatics. Working Groups provide a way for members old and new to collaborate, meet new colleagues and become involved in the development of positions, issues, white papers, programs, and other activities that benefit the informatics community. Each Working Group extends to an online community in which members discuss key issues and developments in the field.
AMIA Connect Online Member Community
AMIA Connect is the online member community for networking, collaboration and sharing information.
AMIA Connect Communities include:
- Working Groups
- Discussion Forums
- Communities of Practice
- Board/Committees/Task Forces
How to find all AMIA Connect Online Working Group Communities
AMIA Connect is an AMIA member benefit and requires log in access.
- Go to connect.amia.org.
- Log in with your member email and password (upper right corner).
- Navigate to the "Communities" tab and from the drop down select
- "All Communities" to view the complete list of all communities on AMIA Connect
- "My Communities" to view only the communities to which you belong
- Join any group with a blue "Join" button.
For more information on AMIA Connect, a directory of Working Group emails and direct URLs, click here.
If you are a Board, Committee or Task Force member, click here for more information about the private online leadership communities on AMIA Connect.