Tuesday, March 26
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Hold on tight and get ready for an ignite-style extravaganza!
What’s going to happen, you ask?
We’re going to honor the past while forecasting what’s next. AMIA has tapped 10 of 23 former Scientific Program Committee (SPC) Chairs from previous Informatics Summits to focus on where they see the future of informatics.
What will be discussed?
These chairs will focus on some of today’s pressing questions in health data science:
- What is contemporary thought?
- Where is the state of innovation?
- How can we move the proverbial informatics needle for both research and practice?
Moderators: Samuel Volchenboum, Vice Chair, TBI 2019, and Jeff Williamson, AMIA Vice President of Education and Academic Affairs
Who is participating?
- Nick Anderson, University of California, Davis; CRI 2016
- Elmer Bernstam, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston; CRI 2013
- Peter Embi, Regenstrief Institute; CRI 2010
- Bernie LaSalle, University of Utah Health Science Center; Implementation, 2017
- Yves Lussier, The University of Arizona; TBI, 2009
- Subha Madhavan, Georgetown University; TBI, 2016
- Jyoti Pathak, Weill Cornell Medical College; CRI, 2018
- Philip Payne, Washington University in St. Louis; CRI, 2011
- Neil Sarkar, Brown University; TBI, 2011
- Jessie Tenenbaum, Duke Translational Medicine Institute; TBI, 2013
*CRI – Clinical Research Informatics Track; TBI –Translational Bioninformatics Track; Implementation – Informatics Implementation Track
Ignite-style presentations are a rapid presentation format where an individual speaks while slides advance automatically in a tightly choreographed fashion. Each Ignite presentation is exactly 5 minutes containing exactly 20 slides automatically advanced at 15 seconds.
There might be time for a question of two, but it better be good. Come join us at this 90-minute super session to find out!