2020 Leadership Panel
|Gregory Alexander, PhD, RN, FAAN, FACMI||Chair 2020; ANI Representative|
|Karen Dunn Lopez, PhD, MPH, RN||Chair Elect 2020|
|Denise Goldsmith, MS, MPH, RN, FAAN||Leadership Development, Past Chair 2019; Chair 2018|
|Susan K Newbold, PhD, RN-BC, FAAN, FHIMSS, FAMIA||Secretary/ AMIA NI-WG History Co-Chair|
|Kenrick D Cato, PhD, RN, CPHIMS, FAAN||Member-at-Large|
|Elizabeth Heitkemper, PhD, RN||Member-at-Large|
|Carolyn Sun, PhD, RN||Member-at-Large|
|Lynda Hoeksema, FNP-BC, RN-BC||Student Representative|
|Juliana J Brixey, PhD, MPH, RN||AMIA NI-WG History Co-Chair|
|Victoria Tiase, PhD, RN-BC, FAMIA||AMIA Board Representative|
|Luann Whittenburg, PhD, RN-BC, FNP-BC, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, FAAN||Fundraising Chair|
|Susie Hull, MSN, RN-BC, NEA-BC, FAMIA||Policy/ ANI Co-Chair|
|Laura K Heermann Langford, PhD, RN, FAMIA||Standards|
|Marisa Wilson, DNSc, MHSc, RN-BC, CPHIMS, FAAN, FAMIA||IMIA NI Representative Chair Elect|
|Kathleen “Kathie” Kane, MS, RN-BC||Membership|
|Max Topaz, PhD, RN / Gay Dolin, MSN, RN, FAMIA||Education Co-Chair|
|Judy Murphy, BSN, RN, FACMI, LFHIMSS, FAAN||IMIA NI Representative|
|Sarah Rossetti, PhD, RN, FACMI, FAMIA||AMIA Board Representative|
Nominations and Elections Committee
The Nominations and Elections Committee shall consist of a Chair (first year Member at Large), the student representative and two additional members, all appointed by the Chair of the Working Group. The four persons shall include at least one person who is a member of the Leadership Committee and at least one person who is not a member of the Leadership Committee. Neither the Committee Chair nor the members of the Nominations and Elections Committee may run for office during their service on that Committee.
The duties of the Nominations and Elections Committee shall be as follows:
- To solicit at least two, and no more than three, nominations for each office and background information on nominees.
- To determine that nominees are qualified under Articles 3 and 4 of these operating guidelines.
- To submit the draft ballot to the Leadership Committee for endorsement.
- To submit the ballot to the AMIA office as state in the AMIA bylaws, following endorsement by the Leadership Committee.
- To follow the timelines and procedures for elections as stated in AMIA bylaws.
- To work with the AMIA Secretariat to see that ballots are distributed to all regular members of the Working Group, and counted in accordance with AMIA bylaws, policies and procedures.
- To verify and report the results of the elections to the Leadership Committee.
Membership and Outreach Committee
The Membership and Outreach Committee shall be appointed by the Chair of the Working Group. Leadership In addition to the Chair, there shall be at least two members, both of whom are regular members of the Working Group, and at least one of whom is not a member of the Leadership Committee. The duties of the Membership and Outreach Committee are as follows:
- To advise the Leadership Committee and to develop proposals for actions related to concerns of the membership, member service, recruitment of members, and outreach activities.
- To assist and participate with the Leadership Committee as requested, and to facilitate activities related to member services, recruitment of members, and outreach.
The AMIA NIWG Education Committee is responsible for ongoing education activities held throughout the year. This may include webinars, the annual “year in review,” and collaboration with the AMIA Education or other Working Groups to develop, collect and disseminate educational resources for the membership.
The AMIA NIWG Fund Raising Committee seeks to raise funds for NIWG activities where needed. Examples include the NIWG meeting, reception, and networking events during the AMIA Annual Symposium. Will assist with funding for the Werley and Saba Awards. Works with the Leadership Committee and the AMIA Director of Industry Partnerships.
The overall purpose of the AMIA NIWG Nursing Informatics History Project is to document and preserve the history of nursing informatics in the United States 2000 and prior.
The Web Design Committee is responsible for working with the Leadership Committee and the Senior Manager, Web Development to organize and post items pertinent to the Nursing Informatics members. This may include photos and bios of the current Leadership team, minutes from the Leadership Committee, ANI minutes, and the work of NIWG Committees.
The Leadership Development Committee includes senior members of NIWG who have held leadership roles with AMIA and who will develop strategies to assist emerging leaders to forge a pathway to leadership positions within AMIA.
Members of the Standards Committee is responsible for raising awareness of matters of standards, implementation specifications, certification criteria and other issues surrounding health information technology.
The AMIA NIWG Policy Committee is responsible for recommending advocacy issues and activities, as well as identifying critical areas for strategic policy engagement that might impact members