Clinical decision support is used by clinicians, patients, and other stakeholders through the use of knowledge, procecesses, and inference, to support decisions-makers in clinical, administrative, and managerial activities to improve the quality of health care services and outcomes [1,2].
After many year's growth in AMIA's work in clinical informatics, a group of members convened by the AMIA President to coordinate AMIA decision support activities proposed the formation of a Clinical Decision Support Working Group (CDS-WG). The purpose of this Working Group (WG) is to provide a forum for AMIA members sharing an interest in clinical decision support (CDS) for in-person and electronic discussion to share ideas and experiences, and to help organize clinical decision support activities at AMIA meetings. Specific activities for the CDS-WG include:
- Serve as a discussion and collaboration hub for AMIA members who are interested in clinical decision support.
- Develop mechanisms for WG members to participate in discussions, which may include emails, forums, blogs, and other means.
- Produce panel presentations, tutorials, research papers, white papers, and other content based artifacts of value to the AMIA community.
- Identify CDS opportunities for AMIA in partnership with governmental, academic, and industry organizations through CDS-WG discussions, meetings, and workshops.
- Provide a collective voice for CDS-WG members to way in on matters of policy relevant to CDS.
- Harness AMIA member experience and expertise in CDS to help achieve AMIA’s goal to improve health through health information technology.
Visit the online community for this group at http://connect.amia.org/CDS-WG
To send a message to this group, please use
You must be a member of AMIA and a member of the WG in order to post.