The AMIA 2012 Annual Symposium in Chicago offers a unique multi-disciplinary approach to informatics science and practice. Join 2,400+ of your colleagues for the world’s premier scientific meeting for biomedical and health informatics.
Save the date: November 3-7 for the biggest informatics-focused event of the year. Celebrate Chicago Informatics Week. Earn CME/CEs. AMIA 2012 is where to find thought leaders.
The schedule is online! Look at what the Symposium has to offer YOU!
The Itinerary Planner allows you to customize your experience quickly, save your itinerary for later updates and print it in several formats.
Bookmark this URL amia.org/amia2012-itinerary-planner
160 Papers are featured in AMIA 2012
This year offers the most diverse program ever – 673+ papers, posters, panels and tutorials covering current topics under 19 broad-ranging themes.
What is your passion? Scientific Sessions are classified under the following themes.
- Achieving Meaningful Use
- Biomedical Data Visualization
- Clinical Informatics
- Clinical Research Informatics
- Clinical Workflow and Human Factors
- Consumer Informatics and PHRs
- Data Interoperability and Information Exchange
- Data Mining, NLP, Information Extraction Retrieval
- Global eHealth
- Imaging Informatics
- Informatics Education and Workforce Development
- Informatics in Health Professional Education
- Interactive Systems
- Mobile Health
- Policy and Ethical Issues
- Public Health Informatics and Biosurveillance
- Simulation and Modeling
- Terminology and Standards Ontologies
- Translational Bioinformatics and Biomedicine
Tutorials & Working Group PreSymposia
Reserve your spot early for one of 34 CME/CE eligible tutorials ... more
John Seely Brown, noted author of "A New Culture of Learning: Cultivating the Imagination for a World" ... more
Expert panelists are featured in 33 presentations. Plus State-of-the-Practice and Theatre-Style ... more
Members qualify for preferred rates. Non-members add the MemberAdvantage package … more
New! Register for the biggest networking event of the week. Food, drink, door prizes. Register in advance ... more
Hilton Chicago -- beautiful accommodations. Close to Grant Park, Art Museum, State Street … more