Wednesday, June 19, 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Opening Session and Keynote Presentation
Jagger, Madonna, Beyonce, Bieber: Setting the Stage for Each Generation to Shine
As has become crystal clear in the past ten years, supporting and aligning a multigenerational workforce is imperative to establish and maintain a terrific work environment. But . . . each generation is different. Without understanding and recognizing this phenomenon, problems are sure to arise: miscommunication, frustration, anger and conflict, to name a few. In educational arenas, instructors are also challenged with a new generation that learns in all new ways.
Discussed in this session are the influences and messages that helped formulate the attitudes, expectations, and values unique to each generation, as well as how organizations can better align themselves to meet differing generational needs. This session goes way beyond the “what” and examines the “how” to assure generations do well together and begin understanding how to build their educational offerings for a multi-generational customer base. All set within the context of rock and roll.
- Better understand each generation within your organization and the students you teach
- Identify key strategies to unify different generations and enable them to draw on the creativity, expertise and ability of all
- Understand new ways to effectively communicate to students, staff, and constituents from all generations
Debra Zabloudil, FACHE
President and Founder, The Learning Studio, Inc.
Debra Zabloudil serves as the President and Founder of the Learning Studio, which serves the association community in a variety of consulting, thought leadership and training needs.
On a day to day basis, Debra and her team can be found serving clients around the globe producing educational content for leaders in hundreds of different industries and professions; running consulting projects for a variety of industries; and facilitating and designing workshops and learning labs. Debra is a frequent speaker and writer on a variety of leadership and management topics.
Debra works regularly with a number of well-known organizations such as the American College of Healthcare Executives, the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the American Hospital Association, the Joint Commission, the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, the American Society of Anesthesiologists, and more.
Debra is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives. She is also an Association Forum John T. Thiel award winner, a PCMA “Best in Class” speaker, and a graduate of the Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute.
“The Keynote presentation for IEF is going to be amazing, and meets the needs of informatics educators as we strive to understand the needs of each generation and multigenerational differences for many reasons:
- Most of us work within a multigenerational workplace and need skills and tactics to unite generations and create an awesome work environment;
- Many programs of study are made up of students from multigenerations. Faculty need to understand and use key strategies to present content, facilitate learning to unify, and communicate to an intergenerational group of learners;
- Our students need to learn approaches to facilitate their move from their program of study into organizations as successful participants of a multigenerational workforce.”
– LaVerne Manos DNP RN-BC, FAMIA, IEF 2019 Program Chair