LaVerne Manos DNP RN-BC, Program Chair
Clinical Associate Professor and Director, KUMC Center for Health Informatics/KU School of Nursing
The AMIA 2019 Informatics Educators Forum provides an opportunity to learn state-of-the-art approaches and best practices in education, research, and training; and to build, support, and strengthen the academic informatics community. The conference is designed for faculty and staff who are committed to their own professional growth and the growth of their program. The Informatics Educators Forum also serves multidisciplinary, inter-professional informatics professionals at all levels of academic informatics.
The goals the AMIA 2019 Informatics Educators Forum are to:
- Deliver focused workshops on topics like leadership, course development, and accreditation.
- Address curricular and pedagogical challenges within health informatics education across the spectrum of education settings and professional roles.
- Exchange best practices in informatics research and education to support the professional growth of academic informatics professionals and the students they educate.
- Prepare students for their future professional roles, whether those roles are in academics, clinical practice, government, or industry.
- Network with peers facing similar challenges and strengthen your relationships in the academic informatics community.
Who Should Attend?
- Informatics faculty including full, associate, affiliate, and adjunct professors
- AMIA Academic Forum members
- Educators interested in academic informatics
- AMIA Academic Forum special interest communities including the Biomedical and Health Informatics Academic Leaders Community (BMHI-ALC)
- Members of the AMIA Education Working Group (ED-WG) and other AMIA Working Group members interested in academic informatics
- Current and aspiring educators along with health informatics students with a distinct interest in improving the education experience
- Program coordinators who focus on academic informatics across the continuum of high school, undergraduate/baccalaureate, graduate, post-doctoral, and professional education programs