JAMIA Journal Club has returned, new and improved! New webinars started October 2015 and are currently ongoing.
The JAMIA Journal Club webinar series is designed to offer one hour of continuing medical education (CME) credit in the live activity format. The general learning objective for all of the JAMIA Journal Club webinars is that participants will
- Use a critical appraisal process to assess article validity and to gauge article findings' relevance to practice
The JAMIA JC format is a conversation between a paper’s lead author and JAMIA Student Editorial Board leaders.
Registration is required to participate.
Content is archived in the AMIA Knowledge Center.
- 40 minute discussion between the lead author and the JAMIA Student Editorial Board moderators including salient features of the published study and its potential impact on practice.
- 20 minutes discussion of questions submitted by listeners via the webinar tools
- Follow @AMIAinformatics and #JAMIAJC for Journal Club information.
- Participants also receive short feedback surveys to evaluate the JAMIA JC webinar.
JAMIA Journal Club managers are JAMIA Student Editorial Board members.
Lucy Lu Wang, PhD Candidate, Department of Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
Each month Ms. Wang is joined by an additional member of the JAMIA Student Editorial Board.