AMIA no longer offers the CMIO Boot Camp, but does have education programming and information for CMIOs.
The CMIO Boot Camp produced an experiential learning experience, incorporating interactive classroom elements into each topic of study. The faculty employs multiple teaching methodologies--video, case study, group exercise--to engage the participants and apply the material directly to the physician world. Below, we have highlighted just a few of the interactive teaching moments in the Boot Camp:
- Interactive Case Studies
- Small Group Problem-Solving Exercise
- A Team Project (completed during the program)
Why You Should Attend
- You will walk away from the program much better able to understand and navigate the internal organizational ecosystem, as well as the external forces that are at play in health care today;
- You will discuss and understand critical success factors for successful EHR implementation within health care organizations, and how you can better assure optimal use;
- You will understand the opportunities for earning stimulus incentives;
- You will be able to understand, define, and measure the benefits of EHR;
- You will engage in peer to peer conversation, connection, and idea sharing to assure that you leave with a cohort of connected colleagues with whomyou can share challenges and best practices in the future.