AMIA’s Industry Advisory Council (IAC)* is the home for leading organizations to connect and collaborate on shared informatics interests. The IAC welcomes one liaison from each of our Corporate Member companies. Active participants in the IAC have played a vital role in advancing public policy while deepening their reach in the informatics community. Through the IAC, AMIA Corporate Members:
- address common issues of mutual interest such as the secondary use of data, privacy and security, and interoperability;
- provide strategy and direction for AMIA Corporate Relations Program and AMIA’s Board of Directors;
- develop informative programs and special events for the AMIA community;
- cultivate business development opportunities with AMIA individual and organizational members;
- access the intellectual resources of other corporate members in a collaborative, non-competitive, environment;
- support innovation and advances in informatics training, education, research, and practice; and
- participate in advocacy for informatics and the public policy debate.
2017 IAC Chair
Michael S. Weiner DO, MSM, MSIST, IBM
2017 IAC Vice Chair
Thomas Felix, MD, Amgen
2017 Industry Advisory Council
*Membership in the Industry Advisory Council is mandatory for all corporate members.