Deadline: September 13, 2019 (Noon EDT)
About the Award
The AMIA Leadership and Education Award Donation (LEAD) Fund is pleased to sponsor a trainee travel award for 2019. The purpose of this award program is to help support trainees’ travel to the 2019 AMIA Annual Symposium to present their research. (Note: Open to trainees who have an accepted presentation.) Up to eight travel awards, in the amount of $500, will be awarded for travel to the AMIA 2019 Annual Symposium in Washington, DC. The award may be used for travel-related expenses associated with attendance at this meeting such as registration, transportation to/from the meeting, and/or lodging.
- Be able to describe a demonstrable need for the travel award
- Be a member of AMIA
- Have an accepted presentation at the AMIA 2019 Annual Symposium for which they are the presenter (e.g., a poster, podium presentation, paper, panel, or equivalent activity that has been peer-reviewed and accepted by the meeting SPC). If the applicant has been accepted to present more than one paper or poster, she or he must choose only one paper/poster presentation to use when applying for this award.
- Be actively enrolled in a formal graduate or post-graduate level training program focused on the area of Biomedical and Health Informatics at the time of submission (and while attending the AMIA 2019 Annual Symposium). This can include programs resulting in a graduate degree and/or programs resulting in a professional certification.
- Be able to provide contact information of your educational program Chair/Head of Department/Program Coordinator.
Applicants may be citizens or residents of any country and their institution may be located and accredited/recognized in any country.
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete Application
- Write a paragraph indicating why it is important for you to attend the AMIA 2019 Annual Symposium
- Write a one-paragraph description of the training program in which you are enrolled and a describe your work in biomedical and heath informatics
- Provide contact information of your educational program Chair/Head of Department/Program Coordinator. An email will be sent to that person.
- Describe your demonstrable need for the award including an estimate of the travel expenses you expect to incur (up to 500 words)
- Provide a copy of your current CV or resume
Step 2: Submit Your Application
Submit your online application form.
- Applications will be reviewed by the AMIA Lead Fund Advisory Committee (LFAC), and prioritized based upon need, the alignment with the goals of the LEAD fund, and the availability of funds to support the program.
- Decisions will be based on the quality of the submitted information.
- Award recipients will be announced in late September (Funds will be provided directly to the trainees following the announcement of the award recipients). AMIA will notify winning applicants of award decisions via email.
Questions? Contact Nina Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org