We are inviting you—informatics researchers, practitioners, professionals, students, trainees, patients, friends, and colleagues—to participate in and attend the AMIA 2016 Annual Symposium. The Call for Participation is open. Deadline: Thursday, March 10, 11:59 p.m. EST
AMIA is multi-disciplinary and interprofessional. We have the best of all worlds when it comes to soliciting and presenting the very best in informatics science and practice. In the rapidly moving world of health and healthcare, informatics innovation is integral to progress. No meeting captures the breadth and depth of informatics better than the AMIA Annual Symposium.
- Diversified the SPC leadership and named four AMIA 2016 Vice Chairs: Noemie Elhadad, PhD; Mark Frisse, MD, MS, MBA, FACMI; Andrea Hartzler, PhD; and Madhu Reddy, PhD, FACMI
- Unified the foundations and applications tracks to support work that crosses those boundaries
- Appointed additional expert leaders to the SPC to manage the review process for more than 1200+ expected submissions
- Updated the keywords to reflect the wide range of submitted content
- Added option of three keywords per submission to improve the match between the submission topic and the expertise of the reviewers
The Symposium Experience
Sharing scientific discovery and demonstrating best practice and innovation is at the core of the AMIA Symposium experience. But the most unforgettable part of the meeting is the people. Informatics is a specialized field and the Symposium gathers our community of colleagues, peers, mentors, students and leaders for networking and fellowship, collaboration and friendship, and discussion and debate.
See you in Chicago, November 12 - 16. Make your reservations early!
Wanda Pratt, PhD, FACMI
University of Washington
Chair, 2016 Scientific Program Committee