Start-up companies + AMIA members = ideas, innovation, problem solving!
The AMIA 2015 Connect-a-Thon puts the AMIA community in touch with select entrepreneurial start-ups located in Northern California. These companies and entrepreneurs are looking to transform and improve healthcare through health information technology.
The goal of the Connect-a-Thon is to facilitate collaboration, idea generation and problem solving within a short-term, volunteer experience during the AMIA 2015 Annual Symposium.
Members of the AMIA 2015 SPC have met with principals from Rock Health rockhealth.com, a seed and early stage venture fund, and invited several start-ups to participate in the Connect-a-Thon.
The Connect-a-Thon Teams will include start-up staff members and up to four AMIA members.
- Have you always wondered about the healthcare tech start-up scene?
- Thought about how to improve the health care system by working with health care innovators from Northern California?
- Interested in the Start-up scene but never had the chance to make initial contacts?
Connect-A-Thon Team Member Application closed on Oct. 22. Thank you for your interest! Acceptance notifications will be sent the week of November 2-6.
Our mission is to create the clearest picture of American health care and connect everyone with the best care possible. We’re making health care simple and intuitive using data, design, and a whole lot of empathy
A predictive charting interface designed and built exclusively for primary care.
Comprehensive and trustworthy database of fertility doctor reviews by consumers.
Iodine is transforming medicine by optimizing therapeutics. They help people find the best medicine for them, and help discover which medicines work best for which people.
Using expertise in game design and mobile software development to improve health outcomes.
Custom built digital health solutions to enhance patient-provider connectivity for improved quality of care.
The Connect-a-thon will take place over the course of the Annual Symposium,
Saturday, November 14, 8:30 a.m. – 12: 30 p.m.
- Team kick-off meeting
- Introduce companies and teams
- Determine team structure and team meeting times for project work
- Identify company pre-identified issue, challenge or problem
- Set team goals
Saturday - Tuesday
- Team work meetings (times and places that are mutually convenient)
- Prepare final presentation
Wednesday, November 18, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Present progress and/or solutions in 15-minute presentation
Important: *If selected for a Connect-a-Thon team, registration for AMIA 2015, flight and lodging are all the responsibility of the participant. No stipend or reimbursement is provided.