AMIA is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMIA designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 27.75 credits AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
NURSING CONTACT HOURS
Nursing contact hours will be provided by the University of Maryland School for Nursing Office of Professional Development. Total number of hours for tutorials workshop and the Symposium is 27.75 credits. The University of Maryland School of Nursing Office of Professional Development and Continuing Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
The objectives of the AMIA 2012 Annual Symposium are to:
- Demonstrate and discuss issues related to the development, application, and evaluation of information technologies in medicine and health care.
- Provide a comprehensive portfolio of presentations that detail work, progress, and challenges in theoretical and applied information systems development.
- Improve knowledge and skill of attendees with respect to using, developing, and managing information technologies as they relate to medicine and health care.
- Present research and applied methodologies and results in the broad field of medical informatics.
- Promote information exchange among attendees.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Attendees of AMIA Symposia come from a variety of venues, notably from some of the most technologically innovative healthcare facilities in the word. Participants will include physicians, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, and other clinicians; health information technology professionals; computer scientists and systems developers; policy-makers; biomedical engineers and bioinformaticians; consultants and vendor representatives; medical librarians; academic researchers and scientists; and other professionals involved in the collection and dissemination of health information.
DISCLOSURE OF FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH ANY COMMERCIAL INTEREST
As a sponsor accredited by the ACCME, the AMIA requires that everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest prior to the educational activity.
The ACCME considers relationships of the person involved in the CME activity to include financial relationships of a spouse or partner.
Faculty and planners who refuse to disclose relevant financial relationships will be disqualified from participating in the CME activity. For an individual with no relevant financial relationship(s), the participants must be informed that no conflicts of interest or financial relationship(s) exist.
Claim your CME/CE:
CME site (MyAMIA) works best with IE 8 or above version and Chrome, Firefox.
- Login to your AMIA account
- Go to "My Profile"
- Click "Invoices & Transactions" tab
- Scroll down to Events section and click 'Credits' next to AMIA 2012 to apply for CME/CE.
Once you have applied for CME/CEs as instructed above you can print out certificate:
- Click on the ‘AMIA Activities’ tab.
- Click ‘download’ under the ‘My CME’ section. (*certificate only appears for credit type=Physician)