Open June 7 to July 14
AMIA is gathering information on the types and sizes of current and planned informatics educational programs in the U.S. as a first step in estimating the pipeline for future informatics professionals. This vital information will complement the data gathered from individual informatics professionals and students and the data that is being collected from informatics employers.
We seek participation from programs that grant degrees or certificates and focus on professional advancement of students rather than meeting continuing education requirements. This includes programs that offer:
- Associate degrees
- Bachelor’s degrees
- Master’s degrees
- Doctorate degrees
- Post-graduate training
What does this survey ask?
- Types of informatics education programs offered
- Number of recent and anticipated program graduates
- Planned expansion of informatics programs
Who should take this survey on behalf of their organization?
- Directors or coordinators of informatics programs or of informatics tracks within larger programs.
- If an institution offers multiple informatics programs, each program director is encouraged to complete the survey for programs under his or her direction.