Working Together to Transform Health and Healthcare
AMIA’s volunteers are the cornerstone to the organization. Without you, there is no AMIA! AMIA’s volunteer structure is organized around policies and practices that promote ethics and transparency in service to our members. Our volunteer structure is organized to take advantage of the expertise and energies of our members and to promote opportunities for deeper membership engagement. We are looking for all experience levels and diverse personal and professional perspectives. Members volunteer to share their passion in informatics and advance AMIA by doing so. Volunteers for program committees supporting AMIA events are handled independently.
The volunteer self-nomination process is open through December 1, 2019.
AMIA committee members must be a member of AMIA in good standing. Committee members have the overall responsibility for supporting the AMIA Board of Directors and carrying out the committee charges as set forth by the Board. Specific composition, terms, roles and responsibilities are maintained in AMIA’s Committee Manual
Committee members are expected to:
- Support the mission of the organization and champion our programs
- Participate in committee meetings (frequency varies by group)
- Keep committee materials and conversations confidential
- Respond timely to organizational requests
- Support the majority decision
- Be familiar with AMIA’s Conflict of Interest Policy, AMIA’s Policy Regarding Speaking on Behalf of or Representing the Organization, and AMIA’s Volunteer Reimbursement Policy
Committee participation is limited and not all volunteers are able to serve on a committee at the same time. The selection process will occur in mid-December with confirmations scheduled for mid-January. When the process is complete, we will contact you. In the meantime, questions about the selection process or duties of each committee may be directed to Phyllis Burchman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no limit to the number of committees you may select.