Careers at AMIA
Web Design Internship
AMIA (the American Medical Informatics Association) is the center of action for more than 4,000 health care professionals, informatics researchers, and thought-leaders in biomedicine, health care and science. AMIA is an unbiased, authoritative source within the informatics community and the health care industry. AMIA and its members are transforming healthcare through trusted science, education, and practice in biomedical and health informatics.
AMIA is offering a web design internship for a student or young professional to gain experience (a) improving web graphics and HTML/CSS technique on Drupal CMS and Wordpress CMS, (b) redesigning AMIA's social networking sites, and (c) organizing and creating online communication materials such as email templates and online advertisements. The web design intern will improve his or her skills in Drupal website and graphic design while learning about the inner workings of a professional nonprofit organization. The intern will be supervised by the web/online developer.
- Coordinate workflow operations with the web/online developer to create new web pages with graphics on Drupal CMS
- Work closely with the marketing team to create clean and creative email templates for online communications
- Learn site analytics and help track and monitor social media presence
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- College degree or some college completed
- Knowledge of Drupal and Wordpress, or other comparable web design platforms
- Capability to communicate status and problems clearly and be able to effectively communicate and work within a team environment
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Intuitive research abilities and familiarity with a variety of web-based research tools and resources
The ideal candidate would be an undergraduate with the ability to spend 4-5 days (20 hours a week) in our Bethesda, MD office, which is a short walk from the Bethesda metro stop. Duration is 3 months (13 weeks) with the potential to extend once for an additional 13 weeks.
- Small monthly stipend
- Academic credit can be arranged
- Hours: 20 hours/week
Submit a resume and web-based portfolio of design samples via e-mail to Miyoung@amia.org along with a list of online portfolio. In the subject line, please write "WEB DESIGN INTERN."